Buckwheat has a nutty flavor and will not turn into mush in after cooking. You can use them instead of rice to incorporate more whole grains into your diet.
- Boil water (2 cups) at medium heat in a pan.
- Add 2 tea spoons of olive oil.
- Pour 1 cup of buckwheat groats and reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove and leave it covered for 10 minutes.
- Use a fork to fluff up the mixture and add salt (optional).
The grains should not be sticking to each other and should not be mushy.