MEET KALE. Your new friend with benefits.
Kale is one the most healthiest and nutritious plant food. It is loaded with tons of beneficial nutrients and health benefits. It is part of the cabbage family and comes in different shapes and colors. Most are green but it comes in purple too.
- High in vitamin C (A cup of kale contains more vitamin C than an orange)
- High in vitamin K (A cup of kale contains 7 times the RDA for vitamin K)
- Low in calories
- High in antioxidants (Quercetin and Kaempferol)
- Helps lower cholesterol levels
- Includes calcium, potassium and magnesium
- High in lutein and zeaxanthin (good for your eyes!)
Adding kale to your diet is simple. Simply add it to your salads or use it in recipes. Since my blog is about Buckwheat, so why not make a Buckwheat Kale Salad!
Here’s a recipe for Buckwheat Kale Salad at rebeccapricehealthcoach.com