The Great Language Game (created by Lars Yencken) challenges you to distinguish from about 80 languages based on their sound alone. In each game you have 3 lives. As you get more answers right, the questions get more difficult, with more options to pick from. So far the highest score is 15050 (as at 15 Oct 2013). Give it a go and let me know how many points you scored! By the way I played the game a few times and the highest score I got was 500…. This game very interesting and highly addicting. After a while you start to recognize more languages the more you listen. A great learning experience!
Awesome free printables from kindovermatter.com
Brain teasers can help to stimulate our brains. Research is finally demonstrating that our brains do better in the long term if they are exposed to novel activities including brain teasers, brain games and logic puzzles.
Some of the associated benefits of brain games and logic puzzles includes:
- Boosting brain activity
- Providing emotional satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment
- Enhances memory and processing speed
- Helps slow the decline and reduce the risk of dementia
- Improves concentration
- Reduces boredom
Here are 10 brain teasers. See how many of them you can solve!
1. Imagine that you are in a boat, in the middle of the sea. Suddenly you are surrounded by hungry sharks, just waiting to feed on you. How can you put an end to this?
2. Is it legal for a man living in North Carolina to be buried in South Carolina?
3. A man wearing black clothes, black shoes and a black hat is walking down a street. The street lamps are all off. A black car, with its headlights off, comes speeding down the road, but screeches to a halt, just before hitting the man. How did the driver see the man?
4. An airplane crashed into a field. Every single person in the plane died. But two people survived. How come?
5. A man makes a claim that he can predict the exact score of every football game, before it begins. And he’s always right. How’s that possible?
6. If a plane crashed on the border of Country A and Country B, where would you bury the survivors?
7. If it takes 3 people to dig a hole, how many does it take to dig half a hole?
8. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on Earth?
9. What question can you never honestly answer yes to?
And finally the hardest brain teaser of the lot.
I turn polar bears white and I will make you cry.
I make guys have to pee and girls comb their hair.
I make celebrities look stupid and normal people look like celebrities.
I turn pancakes brown and make your champagne bubble.
If you squeeze me, I’ll pop.
If you look at me, you’ll pop.
Can you guess the riddle?
97% of Harvard graduates can not figure this riddle out, but 84% of kindergarten students were able to figure this out in 6 minutes or less.
- Stop imagining
- No. Because he is alive.
- It was daytime.
- They were married.
- He says the score before every football game begins, is 0-0
- Why would you bury the survivors?
- One cannot dig half hole, a hole is a hole, irrespective of the size!
- Mount Everest, of course!
- Are you asleep?
- The question was – Can you guess the riddle? The answer is ‘No’. Harvard students would over think it and not be answering it right.
So how many did you guess right?
- At the end of the day
- With all due respect
- To be honest/ Frankly
- My 2 cents
- If I were you…
- No offense, but…
- Just saying
- Are you listening?
- I thought you knew
What is your most annoying phrase you hate to hear? Share in the comments below.
Don’t say “There’s still time” or
“Maybe next time”
Because there’s also the concept of
“It’s too late”
Having a rough day? Watch this video ↓
A buzzfeed.com video based on 30 Happiest Facts of All Time
I especially love the fact about the otters holding hands 🙂