This is the perfect dish for those days when you are craving a warm meal. It is also a great idea to make if you have leftover chicken or meat. This dish consists of sweet potato, chicken, micro coriander, goats cheese, lime juice, spices, and cooked buckwheat. If you have never tried cooked buckwheat it is definitely worth it. I prefer buckwheat as an alternative to rice and sometimes even quinoa because it is much more hearty and I prefer the taste. […]
via Buckwheat for Lunch — chef material
Buckwheat is plant with a grain-like seed used in many recipes today. It originates from Central Asia, but today you can probably find it in any store or market. Don’t know if many of you had a chance to cook with buckwheat, but a considerable amount of recipes you can find today use buckwheat as a base for the dough so you can make pasta with it, cakes and desserts. Another way to prepare buckwheat is to cook it with vegetables and make a delicious side or main dish.
A few of the interesting facts about buckwheat are:
- 90% of globally consumed buckwheat originates from Russia,
- Discarded hulls of buckwheat are used as fillers for the pillows,
- Buckwheat is also used to manufacture an intensely flavored, dark-colored honey,
- It is also used in the alcohol beverage industry for the production of gluten-free beer and whiskey,
- Buckwheat is a rich source of dietary fibers, proteins, vitamins of the B group and minerals such as iron, manganese, copper, magnesium and phosphorus.
Click to view recipe […]
via Buckwheat with crispy bacon, carrot & celery — Recipes by chefkreso